Domestic Goddess. // 20150122 // 0 XX

First smeared on make up when I was 18, face lost its virginity when I was in college; thanks to mother . Loved how it covered the adolescent zits and made me look older. But now I have to wear it to make me look younger?



Don't really pay much attention to it now that I am a domestic goddess. Wear pajamas to run errands even to visit the in laws (they live in the same neighbourhood anyway). I clean, eat healthy, cook everything with olive oil, arrange spices in pretty jars, sauté onions, count calories and put generous chunks of all sorts of greens in everything!



Of course to counter this homeyness, there is this little fashion project i do that generates income while I cook and clean. Also Saturday nights by the pool with husband's cousins laughing and ridiculing life; loyal Uni-mates who still come to Suzy's for our favorite nasi goreng cili padi just like old times. Coffee and cigs with KL based hometown best friends. Uptown friends who party really hard and celebrate absolutely everything, Thursday movie nights with the mobiedicks. Sunday lunch, theme parties and family trips with the extra jovial in laws. Travel buddies who make getting lost in foreign lands and eating bizarre crap so much fun and of course my sweet, kind, loving, supportive family and eight cats back home I see at least twice a month.



Much socialization but good balance I think. Sometimes I just want to efface myself and watch people tell their stories through their eyes, or at least objectively you know...




◄ OlderNewer ►